Some of the many benefits of walk-talk therapy include:
- Adding movement to traditional therapy can help people feel comfortable and talk more readily about their emotions.
- Walking releases endorphins, which can elevate mood.
- Walking parallel to each other versus sitting face-to-face is often less intimidating for people new to receiving counseling.
This kind of counseling is for you if:
- You want more physical activity and want encouragement and accountability.
- You are struggling with resolving personal or professional conflicts.
- You have trouble sitting still and would rather be moving.
- You feel “stuck” and are needing a fresh perspective.
- You want to make changes in your life, but you’re overwhelmed and/or do not know where to begin.
“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” –John Muir